Mitnick formula in Hungary

 Mitnick formula in Hungary

 

This week I have read an interesting writing about the Mitnick formula,[1] probably named after the “scam master” Kevin Mitnick. It describes the technology, training and policy with examples and it is what I would like to compare with my home country’s security situation.

First of all, Art of Deception by Kevin Mitnick is an awesome book. I read it last semester and it is really a fun reading that I can recommend for everyone, that loves to hear about people getting information that should not be public. On the other hand, for me, it was quite interesting, that Kevin was the first person in the world, that was diagnosed with “hacker addiction”.

 As far as I know, my county puts more money into security than the average. Our nation has its own National Cybersecurity Institution (NBSZ). I also know, there are regular checks about GDPR and another country/EU specific policies with the companies and huge fees if there are any omissions.
So in general, I think my country understand security only comes with pain and money, it is not something that people can learn by themselves.
On the other hand, I miss education training in my country. The biggest problem is that, our population average age is elder and in every office or workplace people are working with a computer.
As I read in T10 Security Blog, these old people got used to the good old no password windows, where everything was easy. They are already happy if something is working and does not care about security at all. So I think my country and companies must put more money into these trainings because the biggest security risk is the human.

Anyway, I am a bit happy, because most of my friends and close family members know many risks that can happen on the internet, so they always ask me if some things can be valid or not. This is a huge step, because at least they take distance and security measures daily, even with help.

Hope you enjoyed my writing this week!

Dominik

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

History and importance of Voice Recognition

Ergonomics example